Year after year, despite making a mental note to think of a Halloween costume in advance, it always comes down to frantically throwing together an ensemble in the final week before the big day. But that doesn't mean you can't still come up with something brilliant (and stylish!) without having to fight the last-minute costume shop masses. With that, we leave you with 5 ideas that you can (mostly) piece together from your closet:
1. Lady Gaga: Yes, everyone and their sister will probably be Lady Gaga for Halloween, but we were particularly inspired by this look she was rocking on a rainy day in Paris. And hey, it's a great excuse to forget your pants for a night. Top off with a pair of nude heels and you're ready to rock.
2. Anna Wintour: Dressing up as the Editor-in-Chief everyone loves to hate gives you the perfect excuse to be cold and glamorous with minimal repercussions. The best part, all it takes is a bob, a fashionable shift dress, black pumps, big sunglasses (the darker the better) & a fur.
3. Mia Wallace: One of our all-time favorites, this classic Pulp Fiction character only requires you to grab a wig from your closest costume shop...and fake a serious drug problem. So grab your John Travolta and get to twisting!
4. Gavin Newsom: The key to this costume is having a sharp suit and lots of gel. Though we couldn't find the exact one Newsom uses, we feel confident this will do the trick. We also recommend dabbing a bit of Vaseline on your teeth to help you keep smiling throughout the night. Hey, we never said it was easy being the mayor.
5. Modern Vampire: We took inspiration for this look from the hottest vampire around, Eric Northman from True Blood. All you need to do is put together a sleek all-black outfit, buy some fangs and stay out of the sun for the next week. If you're looking to get extra Eric points, borrow some hair gel from Gavin.