With a warm holiday weekend in sight, our thoughts have turned to the three B's: barbeque, booze and balance. Finding the perfect balance between practical and pretty, that is, and few pieces achieve this better than the romper. This effortlessly hip cousin of the dress is an ideal choice for outdoor mingling and looks especially fresh when polished off with sweet accessories that scream spring. Now grab some sunscreen and get outside!
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Dot Spots Romper, $208.60 (on sale): This bold romper has just the right amount of retro-inspired feminity to go from day-to-night in a flash, making it an essential warm weather staple.
2. Cheap Monday Night on Earth Circle Wayfarer, $38: These au courant round shades are one of our favorite styles this season and are sure to add a bit of flare to any ensemble.
3. J. Crew Featherweight Cotton V-Neck Cardigan in melon, $59.50: A sherbet-infused classic cardigan looks deliciously polished when paired with sundresses and white pants alike.
4. Anthropologie The Artist's Tote in blue motif, $68: We'd be hard-pressed to find a tote that epitomizes spring more than this charming canvas number that's perfectly suited to carry a blanket and bottle of champagne. Because after all, what more do you need?
5. Marais USA Crosby sandals in chesnut, $68: These unfussy suede sandals are an essential addition to every girl's wardrobe, and come in every color of the rainbow.