What's one accessory most men can get behind? Belts. Sure, they're mostly functional, but that doesn't mean they should be flat and boring. In fact, you'd be surprised how much a little belt can do to complete your look.
If being trendy isn't your main concern when it comes to keeping your pants ( jeans or slacks) up, try a subtly textured belt. We've seen a big surge in embossed leather straps in basketweave (6, #7) and honecomb (#3) prints -- these add that finishing touch, without being overly flashy.
For the more daring, buckle down with a bold color-woven (#2) or spiked (#4) strap.
1. Bill Adler 1981 Perforated Leather Belt, $49.50
2. Etro Woven Leather and Cotton Belt, $320
3. Zara Embossed Leather Belt, $35.90
4. Burberry Prosum Studded Leather Belt, $650
5. Prada Quilted Leather Belt, $195
7. J. Crew Basket-Weave Belt, $75
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.