Each week, former sf.myopenbar.com editor Allie Pape brings you her picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF. This week: Drinks without bottoms, Motley Crue at rock bottom, and a primer on Grand Marnier. Have an event coming up? Want to share a tip? E-mail her.
1. Fish and Farm Industry Nights: We're not sure what kind of proof you have to present as to your employ in hospitality/service, but if you're already a wage slave or willing to take a risk, Fish and Farm is offering some unbelievable deals at atypical hours. $2 drafts on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, $5 cocktails on Thursdays, and $1 jam jars of Trumer Pils on Fridays make excellent pairings for the various edibles on offer. To see the complete list of deals, take a look at chef Chad Newton's blog. Oh, and through the end of the week, give the Twitter password "Chateau" for one free food or drink item each night. Mon dieu. (Tuesday-Saturday, 9 pm-close, at Fish and Farm, 339 Taylor St., Tenderloin.)
2. Brunch at Luna Park: The magic of Twitter can also be felt at this Mission standby, which recently updated its page with the news that from now until "the end of the San Francisco summer," mimosas will be bottomless at brunch. If you prefer your hair of the dog to have a little more kick, they're also doing two-for-one bloody marys. (Saturday and Sunday, 11:30 am-3 pm, at Luna Park, 694 Valencia St., Mission.)
3. Bottomless Bar on Church: This Castro club might be a little too disco-ball for some tastes (the entire back wall is mirrored), but it's hard to argue with the premise of their newest deal. Every Wednesday, for four hours, $9 buys you a bottomless beer glass. Your dreams of becoming the alcoholic's answer to Takeru Kobayashi are about to come true. (Wednesdays, 4-8 pm, at Bar on Church, 198 Church St., Castro.)
4. CrueFest Kickoff Party: Motley Crue? Drinking? Strippers? No, it's not just your middle-school fantasy of what adult life would be like. The venerable rock band joins forces with Larry Flynt's Hustler Club to provide free beer and wells, in the hopes that you'll shell out $55 to see them at Shoreline Amphitheater next week. Oh yeah, and they're going to raffle off Nikki Sixx's bass. Before you hyperventilate from excitement, a few additional notes: the strippers are not free, and there continues to be no sex in the champagne room. RSVP here. (Thursday, July 23, 9-11 pm, at Larry Flynt's Hustler Club, 1031 Kearny St., North Beach.)
5. Grand Marnier Cocktail Club: Too classy for Crue? Beverage expert Steve Olson is making an appearance at Elixir to promote the orange-flavored liqueur, and explore its uses beyond background work in margaritas and souffles. It's an opportunity to learn more about its production, and to enjoy free samples in a venue that's a little swankier than your parents' liquor cabinet. (Thursday, July 23, 7-9 pm, at Elixir, 3200 16th St., Mission.)