Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. SF Underground Farmer's Market: To help mitigate the crowds, this new food institution is dividing its plethora of homemade goods into two groups: from 11-4, shoppers can browse "take-home-ables" from jam to soap, followed by a more snack-oriented session from 6 to midnight. While previous Farmer's Market sessions were BYOB, the organizers have fallen under the letter of the law for this iteration-- which is why they've promised cheap, well-curated beer and wine offerings to attendees. Grab a few drinks, snack on hot food, groove to live music, and enjoy the underground-ness of it all. Admission is $2, and to attend, you'll have to sign up here. (Friday, June 4th, 11 am-midnight, at SOMArts Cultural Center, 934 Brannan St., SOMA.)
2. Show Dogs Summer Shindig: The sausage-n'-beer purveyors of 6th St. are hosting their second blowout party, and as with April's event, $20 will buy guests unlimited sausage samples, onion rings, and pints of Black Butte Porter, Prohibition Ale, and PBR. All the proceeds from the event will go to benefit the nearby Tenderloin National Forest, a public garden and art space for 'Loin residents. (Thursday, June 10, 6-8 pm, at Show Dogs, 1020 Market St., Mid-Market.)
3. Fashionista Happy Hour: If you're the type of lady who can afford Neiman Marcus' togs, you probably don't need a happy hour, but the cafe at the venerable store is offering one anyway. Join the society types quaffing $7 cocktails and wine and $3 beers, and nosh on some pulled-pork sliders or truffle popcorn as you try to forget the one (dress) that got away (from your budget). (Thursdays, 4-7 pm, at the Rotunda at Neiman Marcus, 150 Stockton St., Union Square.)
4. COCO500 Anniversary Happy Hour: Yes, it's been five years since Loretta Keller transformed Bisou into COCO500, and the restaurant is celebrating by offering a number of their favorites for $5 all month long. $5 cocktails, $5 glasses of sustainably farmed wine, $5 22-oz drafts of Trumer Pils, and other delights abound, and there are also $5 bites (including the famous fried green beans). We'll allow you to make the Subway references on your own. (Monday-Friday, 4-6 pm, at COCO500, 500 Brannan St., SOMA.)
5. PBR Specials at Sip: The popular Broadway lounge Sip is hoping to bring in an early crowd by offering $1 PBRs in the hour before prime time on weekend nights. They're also promising other drink specials, but in a place where bottle service reigns, $1 brews are nothing to sniff at. (Friday and Saturday, 9-10 pm, at Sip Bar & Lounge, 787 Broadway, North Beach.)