Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Bonny Doon Wine Tasting: Bonny Doon's Randall Grahm, author of the recently acclaimed memoir Been Doon So Long, is the star of Coda's Meet the Winemaker Happy Hour this Thursday. Guests can sample a variety of vintages from the Doon catalog for free as they get doon to the sounds of DJ Jacob Pena as they compete to come up with the best "doon"/"down" puns. (Thursday, June 24, 5:30-7:30 pm, at Coda, 1710 Mission St., Mission.)
2. Jippidy Happy Hour at Eve: The business-video website Jippidy is teaming up with the foodie adventure squad Battledish to host a happy hour at SOMA's swank Eve Lounge. From 5-6 pm, beers are $2 and cocktails are $3; from 6-9, any drink is $2 off. If you're really feeling penniless, become a fan of Jippidy on Facebook, print out the evidence of your fandom, and your first drink from 5-6 is on them. (Thursday, June 24, 5-9 pm, at Eve Lounge, 575 Howard St., SOMA.)
3. Cheap Pride Drinks at Q Bar: Pride is this weekend, and happening LGBT folk who like to dance can often be found at the Q Bar in the Castro. They're maintaining their solid happy hour for the occasion: weekdays from 4 to 9 and weekends from 2 to 9, wells are $2.50, calls are $3.50, shots of Jager, Jameson, and Sauza are $3, and draft microbrews are $3. On Saturday, they'll also offer their "Beer Bust" from 2 to 9, with $10 microbrew pitchers, $10 six-bottle domestic buckets, and $15 imported buckets. (Weekdays 4-9 pm, weekends 2-9 pm, at Q Bar, 456 Castro St., Castro.)
4. Ultimate Happy Hour at Lookout: Also in the category of "here every week, but extra-packed for Pride" is Lookout's Friday Ultimate Happy Hour, which features $3 premium vodka drinks and 50% off appetizers, not to mention a prime Castro location that's sure to pull even the most confused gay out-of-towner into its force field. (Fridays, 5-9 pm, at Lookout, 3600 16th St., Castro.)
5. Lollipop Free Drink: Lesbians, we're not leaving you out: the popular Lollipop dance party is celebrating its third year at Pride by offering the first drink of the night free with your $15 admission, plus $1 Red Bull and vodka from 9-10. Gratis gift bags are also in the mix. Oh yeah, and there's going to be a member of Salt N' Pepa DJing! (Friday, June 25, 9 pm-3 am, at Sound Factory, 525 Harrison St., SOMA.)