Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Yuppie Friday at Enrico's: While we find it somewhat dubious that anyone wants to be referred to as a yuppie (even those who fit the description), youthful professionalism seems to come in handy for negotiating drink deals. For $15, attendees get two drinks, entrance in a raffle with numerous prizes, and a live jazz/funk band. Plus, all the proceeds go to the San Francisco Community Fund. More info here. (Friday, August 13th, 5-7:30 pm, at Enrico's, 504 Broadway, North Beach.)
2. American Craft Council 5 After 5: As part of this weekend's American Craft Council show, LTB favorite Etsy Labs is hosting a special craft bar. For $5, participants can enjoy a wine tasting, make flower pins, sew a "hipster robot," and generally get their make on. The complete show collection will also be available for browsing and purchase. (Friday, August 13th, 5-8 pm, at Fort Mason Center Festival Pavilion, Marina.)
3. The Fizz at El Rincon: The organizers of the Saturday Mission Fever party, which we recently featured, are expanding to two days a week with a new shindig, The Fizz. Dance to DJs, drink $2 PBRs and well drinks until midnight, embrace the cheap. (Tuesdays, 9 pm-2 am, at El Rincon, 2700 16th St., Mission.)
4. Iron Cactus' Taco Tuesdays: The hip SOMA taqueria, convenient to AT&T Park, is yet another victim of the alliterative charm of Taco Tuesday. (Why is there no such thing as Taco Thursday?) Coronas are $2, tacos are $1, and anyone looking to associate a day with quesadillas is out of luck. (Tuesdays, 6-9 pm, at the Iron Cactus, 683 4th St.)
5. Sundays at Don Pistos: This upscale North Beach Mexican spot, known for its hamburger "torta" and housemade guacamole, is looking to draw a Sunday crowd with $2 beer and $3 sangria. With prices this good, we won't tell them about their missing apostrophe if you won't. (Sundays, 5:30 pm-12:30 am, at Don Pistos, 510 Union St., North Beach.)