Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. 7x7 Nightlife Party at Infusion Lounge: Our annual Nightlife Guide is almost here, and to celebrate, we're throwing a party at Infusion Lounge with plenty of luminaries from the local entertainment scene. $3 rum cocktails and $2 beers will be on offer, with complimentary tastings and bites. The food and drink deals end at 8 pm, with a DJ keeping the party going until 10. RSVP here. (Thursday, August 19th, 7-10 pm, at Infusion Lounge, 124 Ellis St., Union Square.)
2. Lookbook and Nasty Gal's IRL Party: Enjoy posting photos of your coolest duds on sites like Lookbook? Head to this party for the well-dressed at Space Gallery, where those sporting the best outfits will receive free drink tickets and a plethora of bragging rights. (Friday, August 20th, 8 pm-12 am, at Space Gallery, 1141 Polk St., Polk Gulch.)
3. Headbutt Happy Hour at Comstock Saloon: The swanky, Barbary Coast-themed Comstock Saloon likes Dutch butts (also known as "Headbutts"), and they cannot lie. The classic Nederlander pairing of a shot of genever and a pint of pilsner (Bols Genever and Trumer Pils, in this case) is yours for a mere $6. Put the savings towards the short-rib bone-marrow pot-pie that's so rich, even Sir Mix-a-Lot might let a Cosmo girl stop at one. (Monday-Saturday, 4-7 pm, at Comstock Saloon, 155 Columbus Ave., North Beach.)
4. Three for Three at Pica Pica Maize Kitchen: Been thinking about grabbing an arepa or maizewich at this new Latin spot? Consider dropping in during happy hour, when beer and wine are both $3, and a pitcher of passionfruit sangria is only $15. (Monday-Friday, 3-5 pm, at Pica Pica Maize Kitchen, 401 Valencia St., Mission.)
5. Double Happy Hour at B3: The Mission's new outpost for "bottles, burgers, and bites" has a happy hour so nice, they offer it twice. In both the early and wee hours, patrons can get $1 off any draft beer, order a carafe of sparkling white sangria for $12, or snag free fries with the purchase of any two burgers. (Daily, 5-6 pm and 10 pm-close, at B3, 1152 Valencia St., Mission.)