Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. 7x7's Debaser Drink Deals: Get your Halloween weekend kicked off right at Debaser, the beloved early-90's dance party designed for those who weren't old enough to actually experience grunge. 7x7 is hosting this month, and we're bringing the happy hour power: $3 beers, $4 rum shots, and $5 Cuba Libres and Dark and Stormys. Come dressed as your favorite 90's icon, and skip the $5 cover that comes down after 11. (Friday, October 29th, 9 pm-2 am, at 111 Minna Gallery, 111 Minna St., SOMA.)
2. Halloween Friday at Speakeasy: Speakeasy has executed a few new tricks with their sudsy treats, and they're celebrating with a Halloween-weekend kickoff/product launch at the brewery. Pints of pumpkin-pie and vanilla-bean Payback Porter, along with Don IIIPA, are only $3, and the best jester or harlequin costume wins a prize. (Friday, October 29th, at Speakeasy Brewery, 1195 Evans Ave., Bayview.)
3. The Bold Italic's Mission Treat: Been wishing you could go door-to-door bagging free drinks in your costume? Look no further than the Bold Italic's latest "microhood" event, which is taking over 24th St. on Thursday night. On offer: free beer from Mission Sk8boards and La Victoria, free wine from Arkay Exchange, free sangria from Minxy Boutique, and free Tibet (OK, maybe not that last one). Check out all the great happenings and offers here. (Thursday, October 28th, 7-9 pm, 24th St. between Shotwell and Bryant, Mission.)
4. Discounted Vintner's Market Tix: The annual Vintner's Market is quickly approaching, which means that savvy winos are already scooping up their tickets to sample the offerings of its 200+ wineries. Thanks to Drink Me magazine, you can get access to all the vino goodness for just $30 (that's 25% off). Eat a big breakfast-- you're going to need it. (Saturday, November 20 and Sunday, November 21, 1-5 pm, at Fort Mason Festival
5. Free Halloween Cab Rides and Car Tows: If you're a holiday drinker, you're likely already familiar with the free taxi rides offered by Luxor Cab on our city's more sotted nights. Be sure to mention that Berg Injury Lawyers will be your sugar daddy, and take note that the cabbie can only take you home (no side trips to the candy store). Find yourself out and about and wasted alongside your car? Call AAA for a free tow of up to five miles (you don't have to be a member). It'll likely be the only tow in your entire life that you'll be happy about. (Sunday, October 31st and Monday, November 1st. Cabs: 10 pm-4 am; call 415-282-4141. Tow: 6 pm-6 am; call 800-282-4357 and request "Tipsy Tow.")