Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Yuppie Friday's Holiday Toy Drive: The oft-stressful holiday season comes with two built-in mood boosters: helping the less fortunate and getting wasted. Get the pleasure of both by attending Yuppie Friday's event at Vessel, where your $15 admission includes two drinks, and each new, unwrapped toy you donate gets you an extra $5 in bar credit. All the proceeds benefit the SF Firefighters' Toy Program for needy kids. (Friday, December 3, 5:30-8:30 pm, at Vessel, 85 Campton Place, Union Square.)
2. The Burritt Room Celebrates Repeal Day: 77 years ago, Prohibition was finally repealed-- and if you've caught up on your "Boardwalk Empire" reruns, you know that was a happy day in American life. Celebrate the big day by luxuriating in the old-school stylings of the Burritt Room; they'll have a glass of Solerno celebration punch available for 77 cents from 9-10, and $8 specialty Solerno cocktails for the rest of the evening. (Sunday, December 5, 9 pm-12 am, at the Burritt Room, 417 Stockton St., Union Square.)
3. Repeal Day at 21st Amendment: As befits a bar named for the amendment repealing Prohibition, Repeal Day is an annual holiday over at 21st Amendment. After a 4 pm march through the streets, the mezzanine will be offering beer at Prohibition-era prices (think a nickel), but just like Prohibition-era drinkers, you'll have to do a little legwork to get the password that will let you up there. Follow their Twitter feedF over the next few days for important clues. (Sunday, December 5, 4 pm-12 am, at 21st Amendment, 563 2nd St., SOMA.)
4. Holiday Executive Lunch at Seasons: Looking for a break from the pre-holiday office rush, or want to treat your favorite coworker to one? The Four Seasons has the answer: a three-course holiday lunch that includes a glass of sparkling wine, all for just $20. It's the gift that'll keep on giving until you clock out. (Monday-Friday, 11:30 am-2:30 pm, at Seasons, inside the Four Seasons Hotel, 757 Market St., Financial District.)
5. Winter Wonderland Craft Bazaar: If you like your holiday gifts to have that handmade touch, be sure to hit up Etsy's urban craft bazaar, where local artisans will have plenty of options for gift-givers. While you browse, take advantage of the $2 happy hour drinks, which are available from 6 to 9 p.m. (Saturday, December 4, 1-9 pm, at Urban Bazaar, 1371 9th Ave., Inner Sunset.)