Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Ironside's Bottomless Brunch: If you're looking for a hangover helper, Ironside has introduced a cheap and tasty option: $16 buys access to an all-you-can-eat brunch buffet, with the standard french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and grits, plus a few fun twists like ceviche, fried plantains, and bread pudding. Best of all, you can wash brunch down with $10 bottomless mimosas, or a build-your-own bloody mary bar. (Saturdays and Sundays starting January 15th, 10 am-2 pm, at Ironside, 680A 2nd St., SOMA.)
2. Good Food Awards Winners' Marketplace: Fans of craft beer should be sure to stop by the Ferry Building on Saturday, where a clutch of small brewers will be displaying their wares as part of the first-ever Good Food Awards. Samples will be offered for free or on the cheap, and you can buy bottles to take home. Fortify yourself with the various preserves, pickles, charcuterie, and more on offer. (Saturday, January 15, 8 am-2 pm, at Ferry Building, 101 The Embarcadero, Embarcadero.)
3. "Being Human" Party: Syfy is launching a new series about a trio of roommates who happen to be a vampire, werewolf, and ghost. Want a sneak peek? Head to their party at Swig, which will have a Svedka open bar for an hour before airing a DVD of the show. RSVP here; space is limited. (Monday, January 17, drinks 8-9 pm, show 9-10 pm, at Swig, 561 Geary Blvd., Tendernob.)
4. Taco Tuesday at Royal Exchange: If you're jealous of coworkers who are spending vacation time south of the border (or are going through a bit of withdrawal yourself), head over to Royal Exchange for $4 Pacifico pints, three-for-$3 tacos, and other delights. A "Fiesta Meal" of three tacos, a Pacifico, and a shot of tequila is a mere $10. (Tuesdays, 3-11 pm, at Royal Exchange, 301 Sacramento St., Financial District.)
5. Bamboo Hut Happy Hour: Want to enjoy fruity tiki drinks without the tourist prices at the Tonga Room? The Bamboo Hut is your place. Well drinks are $3, tiki concoctions are $2 off, and volcano bowls are $12 during their happy hour-- and as a bonus, it's offered every day, though times vary. (Wednesday-Friday, 5-8 pm, and Saturday-Tuesday, 7-9 pm, at The Bamboo Hut, 479 Broadway, North Beach.)