Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Fillmore Mardi Gras: Celebrate Fat Tuesday at the Fillmore's second annual block party, where numerous restaurants will be serving New Orleans-style cuisine and hosting live bands. The drink deals are numerous, including $3 Abitas and $6 Sazeracs at 1300 on Fillmore, 23-ounce pints of Abita SOS for $6 at Fat Angel, $4 and $5 drink specials at Gussie's Chicken and Waffles, and $6 Leblon cachaca cocktails at Sheba Piano Lounge. (Tuesday, March 8, 6 pm-12 am, in the Fillmore District.)
2. Luella Anniversary Wine: To commemorate six years in business, Luella is offering $4 wines by the glass for the entire month of March (Fridays and Saturdays excepted). The global selection includes picks from California, Spain, and Argentina. (Sunday-Thursday in March, 5:30-10 pm, at Luella, 1896 Hyde St., Russian Hill.)
3. Eve's Sushi Happy Hour: This Friday, the SOMA club Eve will be featuring ultra-cheap rolls from Live Sushi; 5 pieces will be just $3. To wash down the raw fish, drinkers can choose from a half-priced Sweet Leilani cocktail (sake, mint, peach nectar) or receive $2 off any other drink in the house. Dewar's will also be doing a gratis Scotch tasting. Get on the list here. (Friday, March 4, 5-8 pm, at Eve Lounge, 575 Howard St., SOMA.)
4. Indie 500 Happy Hour: Dance to indie pop, rock, and hip-hop on Thursday at Showdown, where DJ Lil' Elle will be spinning; to fuel your dancing, the bar will be offering $3 drafts and well drinks. You can also order food from neighboring Showdogs to be delivered to you at the bar. (Thursday, March 3, 6-10 pm, at Showdown, 10 6th St., Mid-Market.)
5. RN74 Happy Hour: RN74 recently added a "5 for $5" happy hour to their lineup, with $5 rotating glasses of red and white wine, plus $5 snacks like chicken croquettes and mushroom tempura. Best of all, it's a double-ended happy hour, so you can get a deal whether you head over on the early or the late sides. (Monday-Friday, 3-6 pm and 10 pm-close, at RN74, 301 Mission St., SOMA.)