Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. MoMo's Martini Hour: Our baseball champions start a new season this week, and their newly lofty status has been reflected in high ticket prices and sellout crowds. If you want to be part of the action, but can't get into the stadium, consider hitting up their bar's Martini Hour, which offers $4 classic or creative martinis and draft beer, plus $4 bar bites. (Monday-Friday, 4-7 pm, at MoMo's, 760 2nd St., SOMA.)
2. Giants Happy Hour at Maya: Also on the Giants beat is happy hour at Maya, which is located only a few blocks from the ballpark. They offer margaritas, mojitos, house wine, and well drinks for $5, a Herradura-based margarita for $9/glass or $34/pitcher, and a bucket of five Coronas for $20. Draft beers are $3, and tacos are $2 at the bar. Stop by before or after attending a game, or stay put and catch the action on TV. (Daily, 4:30 pm-close, at Maya, 303 2nd St., SOMA.)
3. Free Food Sundays at Dalva: Never content to rest on its dive-bar laurels, Dalva made news last year by introducing a mixology-driven back bar-- and now they're doing free snacks on Sundays, too. Every week, they have a gratis vegetarian offering like eggplant lasagna or butternut squash soup, which you can wash down with a $3 draft, $4 well drink, or $3 sangria. (Sundays, food 4-8 pm, happy hour 4-7 pm, at Dalva, 3121 16th St., Mission.)
4. We Are All Animals Art Show: This free art show will feature animal-related works in a variety of media, from graffiti to woodcuts. In keeping with the fauna-friendly theme, the opening party will provide vegan food and booze (they ask that you leave a dollar or two in the donation bucket). Graze and sip as you support the 25+ young artists featured. (Thursday, March 31, 7 pm-12 am, at Bricks and Mortar Media, 43 Norfolk St., SOMA.)
5. Yelp Drinks: The good folks at Yelp are bringing back their week of half-priced drinks, a veritable Valhalla for those with expensive taste and thin wallets. From $6 Blood and Sands at Rye to $4.50 sangria at 15 Romolo, there's a drink for every palate. Other notable participants include Cantina, Hobson's Choice, Fifth Floor, Asiento, Clock Bar, and the Cliff House. For a complete list of locations and libations, click here. (Monday, April 4th-Sunday, April 10th, at various locations in SF and Silicon Valley.)