Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Beast and the Hare Happy Hour: In keeping with its focus on whole-animal cookery and sustainably-raised meats, Beast and the Hare offers a unique take on happy hour: each week, they buy a whole animal, cook it up in a variety of ways, and serve the results at a reasonable price ($3-5). This week's animal is a Martin Emigh lamb, and you can wash it down with a $4 draft, $3 can of beer, or a $5 glass or $15 bottle of wine. They always offer pickles (regular and fried) and Cholula-spiced wings, too. (Wednesday-Friday, 6-7:30 pm, at Beast and the Hare, 1001 Guerrero St., Mission.)
2. Asiento's Sunday Specials: If you're looking for a spot to drink on a Sunday, Asiento has you covered both morning and night. During their brunch, they'll give you a free mimosa with the purchase of an entree; once the sun goes down, they have a late-night Sunday happy hour, with a free drink (beer, wine, well drink, or specialty cocktail) for workers in the restaurant and bar industries if they show their pay stub. (Sundays, brunch 11 am-4 pm, happy hour 10 pm-12 am, at Asiento, 2730 21st St., Mission.)
3. Happy Hour at Patxi's Marina: If you're fresh out of work and craving pizza, consider heading to Patxi's, where weekdays bring $3 slices (until 4 pm) and half off all other appetizers and drinks from 4-6 pm. If you check in on Facebook, Yelp, Twitter or Foursquare, you can score $1 PBRs all day and night. Sorry, Hayes Valley denizens: this deal is only for the Marina location (and the Palo Alto one, if you're in the neighborhood). Pizza can be a cruel mistress. (Monday-Friday, 4-6 pm, at Patxi's, 3318 Fillmore St., Marina.)
4. Public House Away-Game Happy Hour: It's an inevitable fact of baseball fandom: you have to spend half the season watching your favorite team on TV. But you don't have to do it alone. Every time the Giants aren't at AT&T Park, Public House offers a solid happy hour, with $5 drafts from their awesome selection, as well as $5 well cocktails. The Giants may have to get booed by Dodgers fans this week, but at least you can watch with like-minded fans. (Daily when Giants are not playing at AT&T, 4-6 pm, at Public House, 24 Willie Mays Plaza, SOMA.)
5. Rachel Roy Launch Party: Designer Rachel Roy is introducing the latest items in her collection for Macy's, and the store is celebrating by throwing a party with a DJ and cocktails. If you buy any of Roy's clothes, you'll also get a free gift. Admission and drinks are totally gratis; just RSVP here to get in. (Thursday, May 19th, 6-8 pm, at Macy's Union Square, 170 O'Farrell St., Union Square.)