Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Anchor Brewery Tour with SFMade: Touring the Anchor brewery (with free samples!) is a lot of fun, but if you've ever tried to pop by, reality sets in-- the tours require a reservation and book up months in advance. There's a chance to beat the line this week, though: Anchor will be offering a tour as part of the SFMade event, which celebrates local artisan manufacturers. Space is limited, and you'll have to get a Friday morning off, but it's one hell of a way to kick off your Memorial Day weekend. RSVP here. (Friday, May 27th, 10-11 am, at Anchor Brewing Co., 1705 Mariposa St., Potrero Hill.)
2. Foodia Is Chocolate: The food review site Foodia is throwing a party to celebrate the nation's best artisan chocolate makers, including Madecasse, TCHO, and Xocolatl de David. Samples of the chocolate (and related confections like cookies) are free, and if you're one of the first 100 people through the door, they'll pour you a gratis glass of Fritz Late Harvest Zinfandel, designed to pair with chocolate. RSVP here. (Friday, May 27th, 6-9 pm, at Press Club, 20 Yerba Buena Ln., Union Square.)
3. Yoga and Wine Tasting: Two relaxing activities that relax well together! The Presidio location of Sports Basement is throwing a free yoga class tonight with instructor Amanda Denz, followed by a variety of wine samples from Spencer & Daniel's-- also free. The store is offering a few giveaways for attendees, so be sure to drop your name in the hat while you're there. Sign up here. (Wednesday, May 25th, 6-8 pm, at Sports Basement, 610 Old Mason St., Presidio.)
4. No. 209 Gin Happy Hour at Eve: For their Friday happy hour, Eve is bringing the brand ambassador of SF's own Distillery No. 209 gin, who'll offer tastes. The bar will also run discounts on 209-based cocktails, in addition to $3 draft and bottled beers, $4 well drinks, and $2 off anything else in the house. A DJ will spin, and free meat-and-cheese plates will be available to snack on. (Friday, May 27th, 5-8 pm, at Eve, 575 Howard St., SOMA.)
5. $2 Mimosa at L'acajou: If you're headed to the Trader Joe's/Bed Bath & Beyond/Nordstrom Rack complex over the weekend, consider stopping in for brunch at nearby L'acajou. If you order a brunch or lunch item over $8 and mention their Yelp page, they'll throw in a mimosa for just $2 (and they have some exotic options, including pineapple and coconut). It's the perfect warm-up before you battle the crowds in the TJ's aisles. (Saturdays, 10 am-6 pm, and Sundays, 10 am-5 pm, at L'acajou, 498 9th St., SOMA.)