Lowering the Bar: 5 Places to Drink for Cheap (or Free) This Week
Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Burritt Room First Anniversary: The Burritt Room, a former speakeasy and current craft cocktail purveyor located inside the Crescent Hotel, is turning one year old this week. Celebrate by joining them for a full-scale party, complete with live music and birthday cake. They'll also be distributing free Bols Genever punch from 7-9 pm, so no there's no need to spike the bowl. (Saturday, June 4, 7 pm-12 am, at the Burritt Room, Crescent Hotel, 417 Stockton St., Union Square.)
2. Bottomless Sangria at Ki: The former Prana space inside Temple nightclub has transformed into Ki, a sustainable sushi bar with an atmosphere that's akin to Blade Runner gone Technicolor. To lure post-work happy hour fans, they're offering $15 bottomless shoju sangria, accompanied by omakase-inspired small bites. Drink a couple of glasses, and be prepared to be mesmerized by the chameleon-like walls. (Tuesday-Friday, 4-7 pm, at Ki, 540 Howard St., SOMA.)
3. Pizza Nostra Happy Hour: Pizza Nostra, a neighborhood Italian spot in Potrero Hill, is expanding its reach with its first-ever happy hour. On offer: $5 glasses of wine, $3 beers, and $2.50 slices of pizza margherita, along with a selection of $6-7 appetizers. Can't make the early hour? Keep tabs on their Facebook feed, where they occasionally offer free wine or mimosas to customers on select evenings. (Tuesday-Thursday, 5-6 pm, at Pizza Nostra, 300 De Haro St., Potrero Hill.)
4. Friday-Night Happy Hour at EAT: In its new incarnation as a rotating pop-up space for restaurants, The Corner is offering some irresistible happy hours. EAT Restaurant has the Friday shift, luring weekend revelers with two-for-one Peroni and Kingfisher, two Chimays for $10, and glasses of wine for $5-7. The menu changes weekly, so check their website before visiting to see if any of the dinner options catch your eye. (Fridays, 5:30-7 pm, at The Corner, 2199 Mission St., Mission.)
5. Happy Hour at Nombe: Late-night drinkers in the Mission, heads up: if you're looking for a place to snack after a bar crawl, or to continue said crawl, Nombe's got your back. Their new late-night happy hour features $3 Sapporo drafts, as well as $5 chicken wings and other snacks to offset some of your evening's sins. Not a late-night partier? The restaurant offers the same specials at a more normal happy-hour interval during the week. (Friday-Saturday, 10 pm-1 am; Sunday-Thursday, 6-8 pm, at Nombe, 2491 Mission St., Mission.)