Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Burritt Room First Anniversary: The Burritt Room, a former speakeasy and current craft cocktail purveyor located inside the Crescent Hotel, is turning one year old this week. Celebrate by joining them for a full-scale party, complete with live music and birthday cake. They'll also be distributing free Bols Genever punch from 7-9 pm, so no there's no need to spike the bowl. (Saturday, June 4, 7 pm-12 am, at the Burritt Room, Crescent Hotel, 417 Stockton St., Union Square.)
2. Bottomless Sangria at Ki: The former Prana space inside Temple nightclub has transformed into Ki, a sustainable sushi bar with an atmosphere that's akin to Blade Runner gone Technicolor. To lure post-work happy hour fans, they're offering $15 bottomless shoju sangria, accompanied by omakase-inspired small bites. Drink a couple of glasses, and be prepared to be mesmerized by the chameleon-like walls. (Tuesday-Friday, 4-7 pm, at Ki, 540 Howard St., SOMA.)
3. Pizza Nostra Happy Hour: Pizza Nostra, a neighborhood Italian spot in Potrero Hill, is expanding its reach with its first-ever happy hour. On offer: $5 glasses of wine, $3 beers, and $2.50 slices of pizza margherita, along with a selection of $6-7 appetizers. Can't make the early hour? Keep tabs on their Facebook feed, where they occasionally offer free wine or mimosas to customers on select evenings. (Tuesday-Thursday, 5-6 pm, at Pizza Nostra, 300 De Haro St., Potrero Hill.)
4. Friday-Night Happy Hour at EAT: In its new incarnation as a rotating pop-up space for restaurants, The Corner is offering some irresistible happy hours. EAT Restaurant has the Friday shift, luring weekend revelers with two-for-one Peroni and Kingfisher, two Chimays for $10, and glasses of wine for $5-7. The menu changes weekly, so check their website before visiting to see if any of the dinner options catch your eye. (Fridays, 5:30-7 pm, at The Corner, 2199 Mission St., Mission.)
5. Happy Hour at Nombe: Late-night drinkers in the Mission, heads up: if you're looking for a place to snack after a bar crawl, or to continue said crawl, Nombe's got your back. Their new late-night happy hour features $3 Sapporo drafts, as well as $5 chicken wings and other snacks to offset some of your evening's sins. Not a late-night partier? The restaurant offers the same specials at a more normal happy-hour interval during the week. (Friday-Saturday, 10 pm-1 am; Sunday-Thursday, 6-8 pm, at Nombe, 2491 Mission St., Mission.)