Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Marriage Equality Wine Tasting at Orson: The right wing may have stopped you from attending any gay weddings in California, but that doesn't mean that you can't drink like you're at one. Tonight's wine tasting at Orson celebrates vintages from countries that support gay marriage, including Argentina, Portugal, South Africa, and Spain, with selections by Skrewcap founder Pamela S. Busch. The cost to taste 40+ wines? An ultra-reasonable $15 ($20 at the door), and Orson chef Elizabeth Falkner will provide free bites as well. Tickets are here. (Wednesday, June 15th, 6-8 pm, at Orson, 508 4th St., SOMA.)
2. Father's Day at Sel et Vin: Whether you're drinking with Dad or simply raising a toast in absentia, Father's Day is a good time to visit the Sel et Vin wine bar in Glen Park (which used to be Red + White). They'll have $20 bottomless mimosas all day long on the big day, perfect for washing down a plate of $1 oysters. (Sunday, June 19th, mimosas 10:30 am-10:30 pm, oysters 4:30-10:30 pm, at Sel et Vin, 678 Chenery St., Glen Park.)
3. Broke-Ass Stuart's TV Debut: If you're a San Franciscan trying to get by in our expensive city on the cheap, then you're likely familiar with trailblazing tightwad Broke-Ass Stuart, local resident and author of a popular guide on that very subject. He's got a new travel show, "Young, Broke, & Beautiful," debuting on IFC, and in a truly magnanimous gesture for a broke guy, he's giving out free Sam Adams for an hour, with performances by Ashkon and Richie Cunning. RSVP here, and get ready to pick up a few tips. (Monday, June 20th, 7 pm, at Public Works, 161 Erie St., Mission.)
4. Pink Mammoth Fundraiser: The Pink Mammoth camp at Burning Man is throwing its annual fundraiser, complete with DJs, a silent disco, and a giant flamingo statue made out of a crane (really). The $12 admission gets you access to an hour and a half of unlimited Pisco de Oro pink punch, plus free BBQ and ice cream all night long. Tickets are available here. (Saturday, June 18th, open bar 9-10:30 pm, event 9 pm-3:30 am, at Mighty, 119 Utah St., Potrero Hill.)
5. Happy Hour at Belden Taverna: Belden Place's Italian spot recently revamped its cocktail menu, and they're inviting the neighborhood to try it out with a new happy hour. Handcrafted cocktails are available for $6, domestic beer is $4, and house wine is $6. Can't make it in on a weekday? Tell the bartender the secret password ("Negroni") to get $2 off your drink on Saturday nights. (Monday-Friday, 4-6 pm, at Belden Taverna, 52 Belden Place, Financial District.)