Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. Get Frenched: Pride Happier Hour: No plans tonight? Kick off your Pride weekend in style at 7x7's own pre-party extravaganza, held at the heat-wave-friendly Lookout. We'll have $5 Distillery No. 209 gin cocktails and $2.50 Bud Light for quaffing, and the soul stylings of Hard French to get you dancing. The Lookout will also be offering bites from their new lounge menu. (Wednesday, June 22nd, 6-8:30 pm, at the Lookout, 3600 16th St., Castro.)
2. Pullin' Pork for Pride: If one pre-Pride happy hour isn't enough, it's a quick walk from the Lookout to the SF Bay Guardian's shindig at Pilsner Inn. They'll be serving up $2 Bud Select bottles, $2.50 Bud and Bud Light drafts, and $3.50 pints of Stella, Kona Longboard, and Shock Top. Funknchunk.com and Drewes Bros. Meat will dish out gratis pulled-pork sandwiches, and Good Vibrations will provide games and prizes. (Wednesday, June 22nd, 6-9 pm, at Pilsner Inn, 225 Church St., Castro.)
3. Go Bang! Go Pride!: If you're looking for a party to hit after Saturday's Pride festivities, Deco Lounge's disco night has you covered. There's no charge for entry if you get there before 10 pm, and the cover is only $5 afterwards. They're serving up $2 PBR, $3.75 Jager shots and vodka-cranberries, and $5 Skyy Ginger and ginger ale concoctions. DJs will be spinning 70's and 80's disco hits to get partiers in the mood for a bygone (but similarly gay-friendly) era. (Saturday, June 25th, 9 pm-2 am, at Deco Lounge, 510 Larkin St., Tenderloin.)
4. Last Call at Shotwell: Shotwell, the Union Square boutique (not to be confused with the Mission bar), is moving a bit closer to its namesake street. To celebrate their last days in their current location, they're offering deep discounts on the remaining stock, plus free drinks and a DJ spinning. If you're looking for cheap duds for your Pride weekend or summer vacation, now's your chance. (Thursday, June 23rd, 5-9 pm, at Shotwell, 320 Grant Ave., Union Square.)
5. Speakeasy's Punk Rock Pizza Party: Swimsuit season be damned-- there's no better combination than pizza and beer, and Speakeasy's Friday-night bash will have plenty of both. All of the brewery's drafts will go for $3 (hint: bring your own pint glass to get a little extra), and Pizza Hacker will be on hand with their mini wood-burning pizza oven. From 7 pm on, punk and hardcore bands Ruleta Rusa, Dissonance, and Yadokai will play: mosh indoors or head out to the beer garden for a lighter rock experience. (Friday, June 24th, 4 pm-12 am, at Speakeasy Ales and Lagers, 1195 Evans Ave., Hunters Point.)