May is one of the most exciting times of year at the market.
Every week it seems there’s a new addition: cherries, apricots, blueberries, raspberries -- it’s hard to keep up with all the bounty. It’s no coincidence, then that it’s also the time of year when we invite the community to join us for a special breakfast to help offset the cost of some of our educational programs. Guests can dig in knowing they’re helping us fund our weekly chef demonstrations, panel discussions and farm tours, as well as visits from guests such as Michael Pollan and Anna Lappe.
This year the annual Spring Breakfast is set to take place on Saturday, May 29th in CUESA’s Dacor teaching kitchen. There will be three seatings for this year’s breakfast starting at 8:30 am.
What's for Breakfast:
• Farm-fresh scrambled eggs with fava beans, green garlic, and peas or wild mushrooms from Hayes Street Grill
• Roasted potatoes with fresh herbs
• Market lettuce, shaved radish, and arugula salad
• Blueberry pancakes
• Fresh strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries with crème fraiche, yogurt and honey
• Breakfast pastries and bread
• Artisan cheeses, hand made jams
• Coffee, tea and juice
In addition to the terrific spread being planned by CUESA’s market chef, Sarah Henkin, and the team from Hayes St. Grill led by owner Patricia Unterman, some of our market sellers will also be on hand enjoying a breakfast break and sharing stories about their farms and businesses.
Tickets for the breakfast are $30 each, $15 for children 3-13 and free for kids under 3.