The 2013 Nitey Awards Unveiled at the Castro Theatre
A warm and raucous celebration at the Castro Theatre recognized creative excellence and patron experience in San Francisco's vibrant and vital nightlife industry.
The city's tight-knit, supportive community of nightlife and entertainment professionals mingled with their passionate audiences for the inaugural event. Winners in several categories were chosen by a juried panel of their peers, while 7x7 proudly sponsored public online voting to determine fan favorites in more fields.
Jocelyn Kane, executive director of SF's Entertainment Commission, created the event with legendary impresario Audrey Joseph through their nonprofit Site and Sound, whose mission is to stimulate greater public interest in, understanding of and participation in all forms of performing arts.
Photos courtesy of Site and Sound and Cindy Maram of Diginmag.com
- Don't Miss the 2013 Nitey Awards at the Castro Theater
- Sing-A-Long Sound of Music Invades Castro Theatre for 5 Days This Week
- Help Choose the Best of San Francisco's Nightlife: The Niteys 2014
- Vote Now for the First-Ever "Niteys" Awards!
- Let's Go Crazy: Peaches Christ's "Purple Rain" Party at the Castro Theatre with Apollonia. Win Tickets!