7x7, Saks, and Project Runway's Melissa Fleis Present Edgy Fashion for Spring
The Bay Area plays host to some memorable parties and stylish events. See and be seen in the Social Pages, featuring photos from this week's chicest gatherings.
On March 13, 7x7 and Saks Fifth Avenue presented the exclusive runway presentation Spring Moderne at Saks Fifth Avenue in Union Square. The intimate evening showcased ensembles curated by San Francisco designer, Project Runway contestant, and member of our 2013 Style Council, Melissa Fleis, featuring pieces from the designer's spring line as well as the Saks Spring Contemporary Collection.
Fleis presented twelve unique ensembles, each featuring her signature edgy-chic aesthetic. Weaving in her own designs with pieces by designers such as Derek Lam and Rag & Bone, each look boasted a downtown-cool feel and lengthening silhouette. In a unique break from a typical fashion show, Saks guests were able to shop the runway looks immediately following the show.
Notable attendees included Christine and Phil Bronstein, Kevin Sessums, Catherine Kwong, Joy Venturini Bianchi, Marie Hurabiel, Basil Racuk, Sabrina Riddle, and many others.
Images by Moanalani Jeffrey Photography.
- Runway Recap: Highlights from California College of the Arts Spring Fashion Show
- Crowdtilt and Coqueta Launch Initiative to Save the Bay Lights
- A Glitzy, Glamorous Opening for the Asian Art Museum's "Gorgeous"
- Pride, Glitter, and Philanthropy at Juanita MORE! Pride Party
- Reason to Party's Penthouse Extravaganza for Dance