Cinco de Mayo Plan B: Beach Fossils & Melted Toys at Slim's
Don't feel like shot-gunning beers and slurping tequila shots tonight? Do your Cinco de Mayo thing at Slim's with a powerhouse lineup sporting 2K11 indie heavyweights Beach Fossils, Craft Spells, and SF's own Melted Toys to cool your sweaty selves down with their chilled-out (but not chillwave) tunes that feel as deliciously warm and pulse-quickening as this sudden Springtime glory. And it's not as if Slim's can't make a margarita for you, if you've got the craving.
Here are the jams we're yearning to hear tonight:
- Local Band Name Breakdown: Melted Toys (Playing Tomorrow at Rickshaw Stop)
- Two Doses of Summer: Melted Toys' "Rose Again" and Dominant Legs' "Laughing the Whole Time"
- Afternoon Playlist: Cinco de Mayo
- This Week in Food: Free Burgers, Pebble Beach Food & Wine, Brew Cruise, Locanda Opens, a Noodle Fest, and Cinco de Mayo Benefit
- Acid Mothers Temple Will Melt Your Brain At Bottom Of The Hill Tonight