Ticket Giveaway: Das Racist + Black Mahal at Mezzanine, July 29
Ultra polarizing rap group Das Racist exploded onto the country's collective radar with their pseudo-philosphical riff "Combination Pizza Hut & Taco Bell", confounding listeners and lighting critics' loins on fire. Their two 2010 mixtapes Shut Up, Dude and Sit Down, Man were heavy on the downloads and solidified the band's unanimously-decided new title as a band to keep your eyeballs on.
They're crashing the Mezzanine this Friday with the Bay Area's own Punjabi funk MCs Black Mahal to create the one-off Frankensteinian creation Das Mahal. Behind the turntables will be Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist. Aching to spend your Friday night soaking up the beats? We can help. Just sign up for our newsletter (below) by tomorrow at noon, and we'll randomly select two winners–they'll each receive a pair of tickets! Good luck!
- Bauhaus Frontman Peter Murphy Is Coming to Mezzanine, And We Have Tickets For You
- Photos: Das Racist @ The Independent
- Ticket Giveaway: Blue Bear School of Music's Youth Music Benefit featuring the funky METERS!
- Ticket Giveaway: Thee Oh Sees at Cafe Du Nord, April 28
- Ticket Giveaway: Cass McCombs at Swedish American Hall, May 5