Ticket Giveaway: Fiery Furnaces at Cafe Du Nord, Wednesday May 18
The Fiery Furnaces is brother-sister duo Matthew and Eleanor Friedberger (a deadringer for Patti Smith), purveyors of rather dramatic, playful indie rock that's had a fierce cult following since they debuted in 2003. Their songs and albums, all unruly and anything but straightforward, have culminated in 2009's I'm Going Away (Thrill Jockey) an intensely rhythmic and scaled-down collection of artsy tunes cementing their status as one of the most unpredictable bands out there right now.
Lately, they've been delivering mellower sets to audiences, revealing yet another facet to this sonically complex band. They're coming to Cafe Du Nord this Wednesday, but don't be deterred by that glaring "SOLD OUT" signage all over the place; we've got a pair of tickets for one person who signs up for our newsletter by tomorrow, chosen at random of course. Get clicking!
- Ticket Giveaway: Thee Oh Sees at Cafe Du Nord, April 28
- Ticket Giveaway: Cass McCombs at Swedish American Hall, May 5
- Ticket Giveaway: Kylie Minogue @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, May 21
- Birds & Batteries: Ticket Giveaway and a Sneak Peek at Up To No Good
- Ticket Giveaway: Blue Bear School of Music's Youth Music Benefit featuring the funky METERS!