Ticket Giveaway: Thee Oh Sees at Cafe Du Nord, April 28
Anyone who's seen local firestarters Thee Oh Sees do their thing live knows they are one of the craziest, most kinetic bands on any stage anywhere. Frontman John Dwyer is a legend whose frantic yelps and hip gyrations can get an entire room jumping, so much so that if you're not moving at an Oh Sees show, you'll get weird looks.
Lately, anticipation has been building for their latest album (which they pop out like pellets from a BB gun), Castlemania (In The Red), which is a return to their roots as a soft, lo-fi bedroom project. In honor of Castlemania's pared-down sound, Thee Oh Sees are playing a mellow set at Cafe Du Nord next week on April 28–the likes of which San Francisco hasn't seen for years. Wanna go? We've got a pair of tickets to give to you if you sign up for our newsletter by next Wednesday, April 27. We'll pick one lucky soul to experience Thee Oh Sees in rare form.
- Ticket Giveaway: Fiery Furnaces at Cafe Du Nord, Wednesday May 18
- Ticket Giveaway: Cass McCombs at Swedish American Hall, May 5
- Birds & Batteries: Ticket Giveaway and a Sneak Peek at Up To No Good
- Ticket Giveaway: See Beth Custer at SF Symphony's Davies After Hours Party
- Hot Tickets: Shows to See in February