WIRE Features Fashion, Art & The Black Ryder at Public Works This Sunday
Cutting edge is something Public Works does very well, whether the Juan MacLean's blasting house sets until 4 am, up-and-coming local artists have taken over the walls with their work, or garage rock upstarts like Thee Oh Sees or the Black Lips are tearing up their stage. And this Sunday, June 12, they show no signs of stopping this small-time tradition when they host WIRE, presented by Elevation Salon.
Like many Public Works events, it's a mash up of many things, all to advocate the act of recycling through art: bold hair and makeup by the wizards at Elevation Salon, amazing handmade recycled telephone wire dresses by artist Tuan Tran, and mesmerizing rock by Aussie band The Black Ryder, silhouetted by a dreamy short film for a full-on multimedia production.
Drink specials from Trumer Pils and Karlsson's Vodka will be on tap for an all-around awesome night.
Tickets to this blowout are ridiculously cheap: only $10 in advance, or $12 at the door. The show goes from 7 pm-2 am at Public Works, 161 Eerie St.
- Free Black Lips, Thee Oh Sees & Bare Wire Show @ Public Works December 11
- Photos: The Black Ryder @ Popscene, 330 Ritch
- DJs Take Over Public Works This Saturday Night
- This Week in Fashion: Benefit Flash Sale, Sexy Fashion at Supperclub, Gilt's Juicy Event, WIRE Recycled Fashion + Big Sales at Carrots, Y&I and More!
- Club Music Maestro Juan MacLean DJing Public Works Saturday