Young Designers Debut at Academy of Art University Pop-Up Shop
In a city in love with its ever-moving food trucks and renegade musical performances, limited-time pop-up shops are a timely way for cutting-edge fashion to burst onto the scene. On May 19, Academy of Art University and 7x7 joined forces to present the opening of a chic pop-up shop showcasing a plethora of designs by AAU students. Held in a sprawing warehouse tucked between Portrero Hill and Bayview, the temporary boutique presents a unique opportunity to meet promising young designers and snap up one-of-a-kind pieces.
Students utilized donated products from Uniqlo, Levi's, and Banana Republic as a springboard for their own custom designs. Standout items included eye-popping silkscreened jackets, an edgy-glam safety pin necklace, and a tongue-in-cheek play on high fashion (Homies/Hermès, anyone?). The project is helmed by Keanan Duffty, Senior Director of Fashion Merchandising at AAU. Duffty designed the shop as an opportunity for students to experience how fashion goes from conceptual sketches to actual pieces in a boutique.
The pop-up shop is open from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. through Sunday, June 1st at 2225 Jerrold Avenue.
- Luxury, Fashion, and Tech Merge at Jason Campbell's Pop-Up Shop
- Now You See 'Em: San Francisco Holiday Pop-Up Shops
- Artist Freya Prowe's Pop-Up Slingshot Gallery to Debut This Weekend on Valencia
- Students, Alumni, and Local Brands Join Forces for Academy of Art Pop-Up Shop
- Pop in to Poketo's Pop-Up Shop at Rare Device this Friday