Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti & Os Mutantes Co-Headline @ The Regency Ballroom
If you've been trying to think up ways to keep busy on these cold, mellow nights, look no further than tonight. Ariel Pink's Haunted Grafitti and 60s Brazilian psych-tropicalia mash-up masters Os Mutantes, two trailblazing titans of delightfully bizarro music, are joining forces on stage tonight at the Regency Ballroom, and you'll want to be there for all the madness.
Hot on the heels of this year's Before Today (4AD), a collection of FM radio-esque pop man-handled by Pink's weirdo imagery and plays on words, and Os Mutantes' first release in 35 years, the quirky, freewheeling Haih Or Amortecedor (ANTI-), both of these acts will undoubtedly jam on their newest tunes, but hopefully also dig up deep cuts from their extensive music pasts. Warm up your ears with Os Mutantes' self-titled 1968 album and Pink's 2004 disc The Doldrums (Paw Tracks) for a glimpse into the brains of these kings of oddball music.
- Pink And Proud: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti Plays Bimbo’s
- Kurt Vile & the Soft Pack Co-Headline @ Rickshaw Stop Tonight
- Noise Pop 2011 Photos: Best Coast, Wavves, Hunx & His Punx and Royal Baths @ The Regency Ballroom
- Win Tickets to this Weekend's FYF Festival in L.A!
- Songwriting Savant: Daniel Johnston Plays Regency Ballroom