Bay for the Bayou: A Night on the Town to Support the GULF
The perils of the Gulf oil spill are far from vanishing, which is why Bay for the Bayou is an event definitely worth attending. For the Bayou, a new philanthropic organization, is teaming up with local non-profits to put on a silent auction and concert full of New Orleans musicians to benefit the Gulf and its residents at the glorious Bimbo's 365 Club on September 19th.
Anders Osborne, Ian Neville, George Porter, Jr., the Honey Island Swamp Band (one of New Orleans most exciting acts today) and other gems pack the lineup, bringing to some serious NOLA flavor to our city by the Bay. Grab tickets here.
New Orleans artists will also perform around the city: JUICE will shake things up at the Boom Boom Room and Zigaboo Modeliste will play at Pier 23 Cafe on the Embarcadero. 100% of the proceeds from every single performance will go to aid the Gulf oil spill relief efforts. Have a night on the town to benefit those who really need it!
- Mirah at Bimbo's Last Night: An Oldie But Goodie
- String Ensemble Performs Depeche Mode's Violator Album Tonight @ Cafe Du Nord
- Aquarius Records Celebrates Its 40th Birthday @ Cafe Du Nord
- Ticket Giveaway: Blue Bear School of Music's Youth Music Benefit featuring the funky METERS!
- Noise Pop Closing Show: Edward Sharpe + The Magnetic Zeros