Cory Branan: Good Songwriting Goes A Long Way
With nothing but a guitar, a great voice and some amazing lyrics, Cory Branan can captivate an audience for hours. Songs with intelligence, humor and edge are present in all of his albums, but especially on his 2006 release, 12 Songs. He’s currently recording his newest album.
Branan’s twangy John Prine-influenced tone is 100% americana with a twist and with influences like “Henry Miller, Tom Waits, Federico Garcia Lorca, his little brother, Dark Lord Satan and the girl from last Thursday…” He barely ever makes it out to our western parts, will be make a rare appearance at Freight & Salvage Coffee House in Berkeley tomorrow night with Bob Frank & John Murry. Don't miss this one.
- The Bluegrass Festival: Putting the Appalachia in SF
- Birds & Batteries: Ticket Giveaway and a Sneak Peek at Up To No Good
- Listen Up - A Huge Week In Music: Birds & Batteries, Pixies, Tempo No Tempo and Many More
- Listen Up: Phoenix, Chairlift, Citizen Cope Warm Up This Week
- The Submarines: LA’s Sweethearts On Trapeze Artists And iPhone Commercials