Live 105's Pre-Not So Silent Night Party with Vampire Weekend
Mezzanine hosted Live 105's sold out Pre-NSSN party for city-dwelling kids to revel in this year's buzz bands and local favorites.
From the opener, "Turn Me Off," the Audrye Sessions continuously blended arresting rock, Ryan Karazija's vocal range, and a welcome hint of 90s style.
Brooklyn-based Chairlift broke away to deliver the bouncy "Bruises," already featured in an iPod commercial. Their atmospheric, 80s thing takes on ominous and cute.
And on to the big shots: Cold War Kids. To answer the only questionable element of the band, yes, singer Nathan Willett brings it just as strong live, whether churning out the newer "Loyalty to Loyalty" or reiterating the adored "Robbers & Cowards."
With an even bigger buzz than the preceding band, Vampire Weekend inspired a crowd wild for nice boys and bouncy songs. Their songs accomplish pop to a point of happy it feels like vacation-think of youth, Peter Gabriel, Kokomo, and the most proficient indie rock sound.
- Jordan Catalano, Vampire Weekend, Muse to Play Live 105's NSSN 2009
- Cold War Kids at Outside Lands
- Photos: Live105 presents BFD2011 pre Party w/ Surfer Blood, Vaccines, Innerparty System and Geographer @ Mezzanine
- Download the Cold War Kid's Fillmore Set
- Smashing Pumpkins Headlining This Year's "Not So Silent Night"