Mission Creek Music Festival Is Putting On a Free Concert Tomorrow in McLaren Park
One of the best local music festivals that doesn't get as much love as its counterparts in Noise Pop and Outside Lands is the Mission Creek Music & Arts Festival, a gutsy and grassroots annual happening in its 14th year that supports local gems and digs up cool new talent from all corners of the national music scene.
So hussle down to McLaren Park in Diamond Heights to get your Mission Creek fix this Saturday, July 17 at noon for their yearly free concert. This time around, they're seriously repping local talent in the Fresh n' Onlys and Grass Widow, two of the city's hardest-working and thrilling bands, as well as Sacramento's creme de la creme, Ganglians. The rest of the lineup ain't bad either. It features other San Francisco-based musicians like experimentalists Aaron Novik's Thorny Brocky and venerable percussionist and avant garde composer William Winant, as well as LA-based crooner Miranda Lee Richards. What better way to celebrate the weekend?
The rest of Mission Creek Music Festival features shows around the city through Sunday July 18, so check their schedule for dates, times and venues.
- Tomorrow Night's To Do List: Hayes Valley Farm Film Festival
- Sonny & the Sunsets Takes Great American Music Hall Tomorrow Night
- Band We Love: The Fresh N Onlys
- El Tecolote's "Imagining the Mission" Opens Tomorrow Night @ Mission Cultural Center
- The Mission Bicycle Festival & Tour De Fat Take Over the Mission & Golden Gate Park This Weekend