San Francisco Popfest is Back!
San Francisco Popfest, the festival launched in 1999 and retired in 2005, is back—Thursday through Sunday—and ready to twee your pants off. Check out Tullycraft's final show before taking a hiatus from tours Saturday at Rickshaw Stop, or catch the Andrews' Sisters' alter egos Hot Toddies Friday at Annie's Social Club. Sun worshippers and cheapskates alike can head to Dolores Park Sunday at 1pm for the free acoustic afternoon picnic. Full lineup after the jump...
Weekend passes are sold out but tickets for individual shows are still available here.
Thursday, May 21: Rickshaw Stop
Suburban Kids with Biblical Names
Oh No Oh My
Friday, May 22: Annie's Social Club (post-show dance party until 2am)
The Hot Toddies
The Orange Peels
Saturday, May 23: Afternoon @ House of Shields
Saturday, May 23: Evening @ Rickshaw Stop
My Teenage Stride
Sunday, May 24: Afternoon Acoustic Picnic @ Dolores Park
Antarctica Takes It!
Land of Ill Earthquakes
Sunday, May 24: Evening @ Cafe du Nord
Birds of California
- Air Guitar is Back: Mullets, Foam Fists and Animal Spandex Hit the Independent
- The Bicycle Film Festival Pedals Back to SF
- Seven Day Film Festival: Indie Shorts in Seven Days
- Solid Lineup of Indie Movies at This Weekend's Brainwash Movie Festival
- Your Guide to San Francisco’s Coolest Music Festival with Kids