Where is Your Mind? The Pixies Perform Doolittle at The Fox
The Pixies are largely considered one of the most influential bands in indie history. Their long and turbulent ride as a band ended abruptly (although not surprisingly) in 1993 and remained on hiatus until 2004. Celebrating the 20-year anniversary of their iconic release, Doolittle, this weekend, they've decided to play it in its entirety not one, not two, but three straight nights at the equally-beloved venue in Oakland, The Fox. Make sure to keep an ear out for classics like "Debaser," "Gouge Away," "Wave of Mutilation," and "Here Comes Your Man." When the Pixies came out, they opened up a whole new chapter of strange, disturbing and enigmatic messages to the general public that wasn't necessarily accessible before. While they never reached full mainstream success during their prime, they opened the door for bands like Nirvana to showcase their material, and we really have the Pixies to thank for the evolution of what these genres have become today. We can't wait for this 3-night showstopper, and we hope to see you there!
- Pixies at The Fox: Pretty Much The Holy Grail of Shows
- Listen Up - A Huge Week In Music: Birds & Batteries, Pixies, Tempo No Tempo and Many More
- Ratatat At The Fillmore Last Night: Consider Our Minds Blown
- The Bonnaroo Lineup Just Blew Our Minds
- Black Francis Celebrates the Birthday of The Pixies' 'Doolittle' With A Pair of Bay Area Shows