Win Tickets to this Weekend's FYF Festival in L.A!
Looking for a last-minute Labor Day weekend getaway? While we would normally not condone a trip to L.A., with The Rapture, Panda Bear, !!!, Local Natives, Dead Man's Bones, Thee Oh Sees, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Washed Out, Delorean, Best Coast, Wavves and much more, Saturday's FYF Festival is just too good to pass up. Founded in 2002 by then 18-year-old Sean Carson, the ever-expanding DIY celebration is quickly becoming one of the nation's premier indie events and arguably the go-to end-of-summer road trip for Pitchfork nerds and hipsters up and down the West Coast. Yet unlike the bulk of the season's seemingly endless music festivals, you can make it to this one without breaking the bank -- tickets for the single-day blowout started at $20 and can still be had for an unusually reasonable $30.
Still looking for an excuse to make the trek? Our friends at FYF have hooked us up with a pair of tickets to giveaway to one lucky 7x7 reader! To enter, simply email us by Wednesday (9/1) at midnight. The winner will be notified Thursday morning.
- Pink And Proud: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti Plays Bimbo’s
- Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti & Os Mutantes Co-Headline @ The Regency Ballroom
- The Week in Local Music News
- Photos: Summersalt Music Festival @ Fort Mason
- Noise Pop 2011 Photos: Best Coast, Wavves, Hunx & His Punx and Royal Baths @ The Regency Ballroom