Primal Napa: This Weekend, Fire it Up
If your lust for knives and blood-thirst wasn't quenched last Saturday, then this weekend, head up to Chase Cellars for Primal Napa where "fire cooking, meat and the art of butchering" will be celebrated. Not only will there be good food, but the guest chefs and butchers will be participating in a "group-butcher demonstration": breaking down a pig, goat, cow, and lamb in front of an audience. While the rest of the world apparently is riveted by Ultimate Fighting, the foodies gather around with their beer to watch live butcher demos.
On the chef roster?
The usual salumi suspects:
• Chris Cosentino of Incanto and Boccalone (whose hair is likely to still smell of smoke on Wednesday when he rushes back to be on 7x7's panel with David Chang)
• Staffan Terje of Perbacco
• Taylor Boetticher of Fatted Calf
• Ryan Farr of 4505 Meats
• Jeremy Fox of Ubuntu
(Wait! Which one of these chefs is not like the other?)
Wines being poured includes some good ones, including Chase (or course), Hill Family Estate, Hirsh Vineyards and Pey-Marin, one of our favorites.
Spirits and beer by Magnolia Brewing and Alembic Bar SF (Daniel Hyatt).
$65 gets you in. $100 gets you VIP status. Start your fires.
- Food Truck Friday in Napa: Wine and Street Eats
- Getting Around Napa: The Best Driving and Concierge Options for Wine-Tasting Adventures
- Want to be a Baller? Head North of Napa for Vineyard to Vintner Weekend
- Best Things to Do in Napa Presidents' Day Weekend
- Giveaway: Take Your Mom to Napa for Rutherford Passport Weekend