New App Will Design You a Dress to Match Your Personality [VIDEO]
Ever wonder what your personality would look like in dress form? Google and Ivyrevel, H&M's digital fashion house, are joining forces to build custom dresses for app users.
In a video released this week, the two companies explain how the Android app will track and collect personal information about its users, including where they traveled, where they eat dinner or hang out with friends, the typical weather in the area, and more, using Google's Awareness API and sensors. Using that data, Ivyrevel then designs a custom dress with a unique pattern and personalized material and silhouette, that users can buy straight from their phone for $99.
"We're about to change the fashion industry by bringing the customer's personality into the design process through data technology," said Aleksandar Subosic, co-founder of Ivyrevel. "The Data Dress enables women around the world to order a dress made entirely for them that reflects the way they live their lives."
Currently, the app is in a closed beta and being tested by a handful of style influencers including Ivyrevel co-founder Kenza Zouiten. It will be launching in beta later this year. // codedcouture.com
- Google & H&M's Ivyrevel will make you a dress customized using ... ›
- Google and H&M create personalized 'coded couture' dress based ... ›
- Google is helping H&M construct a custom dress based on your ... ›
- Google teams up with H&M to make dresses based on your ... ›
- Google, H&M partner to design you a dress based on your daily habits ›
- Google partners with H&M Ivyrevel for coded couture project ... ›