Lemonade is once again the hot topic around town, and no, we're not talking about Beyonce.
The healthy, cafeteria-style restaurant from Los Angeles opened its doors to San Francisco on Friday. Located in the former La Boulange space at Yerba Buena Gardens in the Metreon building, Lemonade serves up Southern California-inspired cuisine influenced by local and seasonal ingredients.
The menu will change occasionally with the seasons, but early favorites such as Israeli couscous, seared Ahi Tuna with ponzu orange sauce, and white truffle Mac n' Cheese will always be available.
The Marketplace station feels like a stroll through a colorful garden filled with all kinds of veggie-based creations (think roasted cauliflower with raisins in curry vinaigrette or New Mexican roasted butternut squash), while the Land & Sea station offers cold bites such as Hawaiian Ahi Tuna poke, avocado salmon Loui or roasted chicken. Before you beeline for the desserts there are also hot dishes (hello, chicken chili!), sandwiches (don't miss the ham Croque Monsieur), and leafy greens stations for you to indulge in.
Customers can mix-and-match food from every station to create a custom plate with as many items as you want (starting at $3/item), or can choose a combinations plate for $12.
For anyone who wants to attempt to recreate the yummy dishes at home, there's already a Lemonade cookbook to guide you through the process. Welcome to SF!
// Lemonade Yerba Buena: 781 Mission St. (SoMa), lemonadesf.com
- Lemonade - Yerba Buena ›
- Lemonade Taking Over Three La Boulange Locations With Its ... ›
- Lemonade LA - We're Coming to San Francisco! | Facebook ›
- Check Out Lemonade's Opening Menu, Tailored to San Francisco's ... ›
- Lemonade Debuts First SF Location Today At The Metreon | Hoodline ›
- LA Chain Lemonade Will Open First San Francisco Location in May ... ›
- Los Angeles-based restaurant chain Lemonade gobbles up three ... ›