Open House Alert! Four Definitions of "Modern" Just Over the Bridge
There's a lot of good Mid-Century architecture in the suburbs around San Francisco. We've left out the usual suspects— tract houses by Joseph Eichler— and here are three in Marin County from the period plus one completely new house worth seeing. All are open on Sunday, fairly close to the Golden Gate Bridge and each other.
280 Loma Avenue, Tiburon, $1.595 (pictured above)
Built in 1962, this 2-bed, 2.5-bath house has been respectfully renovated, and although the saltillo terra-cotta tiles probably date to the 80's, the tongue & groove ceilings have been sandblasted and there's a recent kitchen in the usual light wood with black granite— just better than most. The real reason to buy this house is the views, looking out over the neighbors towards Angel Island, plus it's ready to move into. We'd be quite happy with just the master bedroom and deck, above. Open Sunday, March 4 from 2 pm to 4 pm
Click here for two more amazing house listings!
- Open House Alert! Housing for Rich Hipsters in the Mission, $1.345M
- Open House Alert! The Amazing Details of a $6.5 Million House
- Open House Alert! See a Mid-Century Gem by R. G. Watanabe This Sunday
- Double Open House Alert! From the Sublime to the Ridiculous (Your Choice)
- Open House Alert! A Modernist Home with an Awesome Garden in Kensington