Real Estate Report: Pared-Down Modern in a Lower Haight Victorian Shell, $1.15M
In San Francisco, sometimes those pretty Victorians hide a minimalist heart.
The Basics: A 3-bedroom, 2.5-bath, 1-car parking duplex flat in San Francisco's Lower Haight neighborhood, asking $1.15M with HOAs of $225.55 a month.
Not So Basic: This flat has one of those perfectly-detailed minimalist renovations, done by an architect for himself and his family. They outgrew the flat and sold it in 2005 and the current owners don't seem to have done much except paint— it was originally a soft flat while everywhere. Above in the main hallway, the kind of details found throughout. All the closet doors have hidden hardware.
It's on a beautiful block of handsome Victorians and Edwardians in one an interesting but funky neighborhood where everyone rides a bike and/or has a dog. The food ranges from Slow Food recommendations (Rosamunde Sausage Grill) to great cafés (Duboce Park Cafe) and it's all close to good public transit, plus bike lanes and dog-friendly park Duboce Park. Read more...
- Real Estate Report: A Noe Valley Cottage with a Heart of Modern Glamour
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Real Estate Report: Living On the Edge (Maybe) on Telegraph Hill, $11M
- Real Estate Report: Minimalist SOMA Condo for $609K
- Real Estate Report: Romantic and Old-School on Russian Hill, $1.795M