The Espresso Martini: Cocktail #2 in SVEDKA and 7x7's Mixology Competition
To celebrate the last month of Summer 2011, 7x7 and SVEDKA are teaming up to honor the city's bartenders and their skills of invention with an epic mixology competition! You can vote for your favorite featured bartender and their lascivious libation from August 1st through August 31st. You (yes, you!) will be entered to win a $50 bar tab at the winning watering hole. The winner of the San Francisco contest will be revealed on September 7th. Have fun trying all the great cocktails!
Here's our second featured bartender, Nick Ranahan from Cow Hollow's Izzy's Steaks and Chops . He mixed up an Espresso Martini using SVEDKA vodka. Visit Nick at the bar at Izzy's, or try his recipe at home.
2 oz SVEDKA vodka
.75 oz Kahlua
.5 oz Creme de Cocoa (dark and light)
.5 oz Single Espresso Shot
.5 oz half and half
Shaken and served up in a martini glass.
Bartender's notes: Something delicious that could be served before dinner, during the meal and also after for dessert.
See all of SF's participating bartenders here and vote for your favorite!
- The BADA BING BOT: Cocktail #3 in SVEDKA and 7x7's Mixology Competition
- The Potion #7: Cocktail #6 in SVEDKA and 7x7's Mixology Competition
- The "Spiked Lassi": Cocktail #1 in SVEDKA and 7x7's Mixology Competition
- The Fem-Bot Fizz: Cocktail #4 in SVEDKA and 7x7's Mixology Competition
- The "My Little Pony": Cocktail #8 in SVEDKA and 7x7's Mixology Competition