7x7 asks the Bay Area's chefs for the recipes to their most loved cocktails, bar snacks, starters, mains, and desserts. If there's a dish you can't stop thinking about and want to make at home, email email@example.com. Your wish may end up on the blog, along with the actual recipe from the chef.
Thanks to reader Robin J. for the request!
Baby Lacinato Kale and Roasted Butternut Salad
Egg and lemon dressing:
5 large eggs, hard boiled, passed through grater
1/2 bunch chives
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 lemons, zested
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic, microplaned
Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Combine all ingredients and season well with salt and pepper.
1 small butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Coat butternut squash cubes with olive oil.
2. Season with salt and pepper, and roast in oven at 400 degrees until tender.
1 tablespoon cumin, toasted and ground
1 tablespoon coriander, toasted and ground
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup pinenuts
1. Toast pepitas and pine nuts in sauté pan with olive oil and salt.
2. Add spice mix to both pans, then combine the seeds with the nuts.
12 ounces baby lacinato kale
1/2 cup Pecorino or Parmesan, grated
1. Wash the baby kale and spin dry. If it is a little more mature, then strip the leaves from the spine.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the kale, butternut squash, and dressing.
3. Mix well to coat all the leaves, and plate.
4. Garnish with toasted seeds and grated cheese.