What in the world could be more heavenly than a Pie Shake—a piece of your favorite pie blended with ice cream and milk and then slurped through a straw?
Chile Pies and Ice Cream is a dreamy offshoot of Green Chile Kitchen that specializes in making our dreams come true through the perfect combination of homemade pie and gooey ice cream blended together and devoured through a straw. We scored the recipe for their seasonal peach pie plus instructions for turning it into a shake—crust and all! Try it yourself at home and let us know what your ideal combo is in the comments.
Chile Pies' Country Peach Pie Shake
1 slice pie (recipe below)
4 scoops ice cream
1 cup milk
1. Place pie, ice cream, and milk in a blender and mix until a pourable consistency. We like to leave ours a little chunky.
2. Pour into a pint glass and top with whip cream.
3. Serve with a spoon and a big straw.
Country Peach Pie
1 disk of your favorite dough, formed into a 9 inch pie pan
4 cups sliced peaches, keep the skin on
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup blueberries
1/3 cup creme fraiche
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbs cornstarch
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1. Toss peaches with lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Mix together almonds, flour, and sugar. Slowly add melted butter to incorporate. Set aside.
3. Spoon peaches into pastry shell, even out, dollop with creme fraiche then randomly scatter the blueberries over the top.
4. Sprinkle the almond streusel evenly over the top.
5. Bake in a 375 degree for 10 minutes, then lower the oven to 350 degrees for another 40 minutes. You will know it's ready when the juices are bubbling.