Rock Your Breakfast With Sons & Daughters' Peach Pit Buckwheat Toast
If you're the kind of culinary demigod that isn't afraid to make your own bread, then this toast recipe will change your life. A savory-sweet combination of buckwheat flour and peach pits (relieve some stress by busting them open with a hammer!), Sons & Daughters' peach pit buckwheat toast just became the most important meal of the day.
Peach Pit Buckwheat Toast
1400 grams bread flour
400 grams toasted buckwheat flour
80 grams salt
1200 grams water
20 grams instant dry yeast
6 grams peach pit
1. Mix 1,000 grams water and yeast together and let activate.
2. Prior to making the dough lay out 400g buckwheat flour and toast on a sheet pan for 10-15 minutes in a 400 degree oven. You want color to just start showing on the flour.
3. Add 6 grams of peach seed to 200 grams water. You will need a hammer to crack the pit and get the seed out. You will only use the seed for the recipe. Purée the 200g water and 6g seed and add to the remaining water.
4. In a separate bowl add the flours and salt.
5. Mix all together in a kitchen aid with a bread attachment for 9 minutes.
6. Put In a bowl, cover and let rest overnight (or for 2-4 hours at room temp) until the dough doubles.
7. Weigh out 135 gram portions. Stretch out and fold together, then roll to make a nice little load shape, with all the dough creases on the bottom and pinched together.
8. Place into small greased loaf pans and let rise in a moist warm area for 1 to 1.5 hours.
9. Bake at 500 for 20 minutes, rotating once in the middle of the baking process at 10 minutes.
// Sons & Daughters: 708 Bush St. (Union Square), sonsanddaughterssf.com