The Castro menswear boutique, Maas & Stacks, has been open for just under a year now. Housing only 12 labels (Band of Outsiders, Common Projects, etc.), the no-frills selection is obsessively curated by owners, Otto Gustav Zoell and Stephen Chen. The space -- simple design with sound construction -- complements the collection perfectly. Welcoming an early spring, Mass & Stacks recently made their final Fall/Winter 2011 markdowns (available in stores and online), many of which made our favorites. Check them out.
2. Rachel Comey Mersey Brogue Oxford, $175
3. Porter Klunkerz Backpack, $424
4. N. Hoolywood Beige Jeans, $130
5. Common Projects Suede Chukka, $262.50
6. Common Projects Zipper Folio, $206.50
7. N. Hoolywood 2-Button Blazer, $513
Maas & Stacks (2128 Market St.), open Tuesday-Friday from 12pm-8pm, Saturday 11am-8pm, Sunday 11am-7pm.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.