H&M visual merchandiser, Mark Jssn, was analyzing the (super sold out) Marni for H&M window displays when we stopped him on Powell St. Mark moved up to SF five years ago, from San Jose, and says he loves the city for, "the diversity of people and because SF is so laid back." And we love Mark's look for the nicely mixed (loose/tight) proportions and (high/low) brands.
7 Style Questions for Mark:
1. What three adjectives would you use to define your personal style?
Mysterious, imaginary and homeless.
2. What makes or breaks an outfit?
Personal style -- for me, it's always my accessory.
3. What spring trends are you most excited for?
Sheers and patent leathers. Pale colors and art deco. Fifties couture shapes.
4. Where do you shop in SF?
5. What's your most prized possession?
A sharp razor shark's tooth in Brazil that I made into a neck piece. A local street vendor in Brazil sold it to me and it was hard bringing it back here beccause of customs.
6. What would you not be caught dead in?
Flip flops, Crocs, and UGGs.
7. What's your favorite thing to do in SF?
Bonfires at Ocean Beach.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.