Bay Area ladies have long been loyal to SkinSpirit Skincare Clinic & Spa, which has three thriving locales in our region: Just steps away from Stanford University in the heart of Palo Alto, the Mercer, in Walnut Creek’s thriving downtown, and the delightful Strawberry Village in Mill Valley, all offering products and services with integrity. Even with such a lofty reputation, the kind folks at SkinSpirit are still game to share their secrets and tips on how to take the best possible care of your skin.
1. Protect: Unless you have been hyper-vigilant about shielding yourself from the sun since you were knee high, the signs of aging skin - fine lines, wrinkles, and brown spots — are likely to emerge by the time you enter your fourth decade. Exposure to ultraviolet light, UVA or UVB, from sunlight accounts for 90% of the signs of premature skin aging including wrinkles and pigmentation. The most important skin-care product available to prevent wrinkles is sunscreen, but most people do not use sunscreen correctly.
2. Prevent: We get over 10,000 free radical attacks a day from stress, diet, pollution, smoke, lights and sun. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, prevent sun damage and help prevent visible signs of aging. The best antioxidants are Vitamin E and Vitamin C - L–ascorbic is the only form of Vitamin C that has been shown to be effective in the skin. 10% is the minimum amount you need for it to be effective and 20% is the maximum. Phloretin CF®, a broad–spectrum treatment, protects against not only free radicals, but the range of other reactive molecules known to cause damage and DNA mutations among the integral cell types.
3. Correct: If you weren't able to head aging off at the pass, it is still not too late. You have a wide range of options that fall way short of surgery to maintain and restore your youthful appearance, ranging from Retin A to resurfacing. Click here for a full range of services provided by SkinSpirit Skincare Clinic & Spa.
4. Healthy Lifestyle Choices: Eat right (whole, natural foods) and exercise (even a little bit makes a difference)! Finally there are now medically supervised weight loss programs designed by physicians and dieticians to help you safely and effectively lose 2-5 lbs a week. The experts at SkinSpirit believe that with just a few small changes in your diet and lifestyle, you can have a tremendous impact on your metabolism and your body’s natural ability to burn fat and build muscle.
5. NO SMOKING: Period.
6. Make An Expert Your New BFF: There are caring practitioners who have researched and tested all the best products and treatments – see them, ask them for advice (don’t be afraid). They will listen to your concerns and offer you honest answers, realistic expectations, and a variety of pressure-free options that will fit your lifestyle and budget.
7. All Of The Above: Using any and all of these in combination will be your best defense against the pesky (and even harmful) signs of aging. Medical grade skincare plus advanced treatments plus a healthy lifestyle plus expert support equal a more youthful appearance for as long as you want it.
Click here to find the nearest SkinSpirit Skincare Clinic & Spa near you.