The First Big Shopping Event of 2014: Olivia Kim’s "New Beginnings" at Nordstrom
Even with a healthy “elegance is refusal” disregard for trends, it’s hard to resist the call of Nordstrom’s latest pop-up.
Their secret weapon? Olivia Kim, former VP of Creative at cool-kid retailer Opening Ceremony. Her latest installation launched last Friday online and at Nordstrom’s inside Westfield SF Centre.
Entitled “New Beginnings,” it’s a mix of coveted and cult objects that are a “little more reflective and personal to help people realize their resolutions,” explains Kim. Being a curator of cool, you can expect more than just workout gear. One of the delights of shopping at her former employer is its deft mix of pop-culture references, ‘90s nostalgia, and international street style. Get excited, because she brings that same sensibility to Nordstrom.
Some highlights you’ll want to score: FRAME jeans in collaboration with runway regular Karlie Kloss, New Age knick-knacks in the form of crystal jewelry from Gia Bahm, and Manic Panic false lashes, perfect for those who resolved to be more fabulous in 2014.
This Thursday, to kick off the collection, astrologists to the stars Tali and Ophira Edu, aka the Astro Twins, will be on hand to do readings from 6 to 8. It’s foretold; shopping should always be this fun, a little aspirational, and all about you.
- Link Love: New Model Snack du Jour, Wang’s “Accidentally Sexy” Style, Kim’s a Nasty Gal and more…
- Look of the Week: Women's Essentials for This Weekend at Outside Lands
- The Big Eat 2014: In Photos
- First Look at Convert: East Bay’s New Eco-Friendly Fashion Emporium
- Seven Favorite Things: D-Structure's New Online Shop + Two Must-Attend Events