Furniture Made From the Golden Gate Bridge
Ah, the Golden Gate Bridge. Folks all over the world dream of walking on it, driving over it, sailing under it, framing pics of it…and turning it into an end table?
Well, not everyone. But when the statueseque icon’s original 1930's-era handrail was replaced in 1993, SF artist Richard Bulan eyed the steel scraps with visions of decorating potential dancing in his head. And the Golden Gate Bridge Furniture Co. was born.
In celebration of the orange-hued beaut's 75th anniversary this year, Bulan dreamed up some new designs.
- Gifts from Gump's: Golden Gate Bridge Art from Paste
- Six Local Swimmers to Swim from the Farallon Islands to the Golden Gate Bridge to Raise Money for Wounded Vets
- SF-Made Heated Furniture to Warm Your Tush in the Bay Area Cold
- Gifts From Gump's: Golden Gate Puzzle
- Architect’s Dream: Golden Gate Valley Branch Library Reopens