Look of the Week: Draw the Shades
Jack Nicholson once said, "With my sunglasses on, I'm Jack Nicholson. Without them, I'm fat and 60."
Now, we're not saying you should wear your sunglasses 24-7 (like Jack), but we definitely support the idea that the right pair of shades can really make a look. The trick is finding that perfect pair -- a comfortable fit and classic style that's neither too trendy nor dated.
The key (for all menswear) is to remember that great style is a balancing act. Generally, rounded frames (#3, #4) will offset a square jaw, while boxy frames (#2, #5) add angles and sharpen features on rounder faces. When in doubt, go bigger -- frames that are slightly wider than your face tend to be more flattering.
Here are a few of shady picks to help get you started.
1. Diesel Aviator Sunglasses, $180
2. Electric Shotglass Sunglasses, $99.95
3. Warby Parker Jasper Sunglasses, $95-$150
4. Persol Folding Sunglasses, $360
5. Gucci Rectangular Sunglasses, $275-$325
6. Von Zipper Stache Sunglasses, $109.95
7. Dolce & Gabbana DG2102 Sunglasses, $290
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.